Automatic installation is the easiest option as WordPress handles the file transfers itself and you don’t even need to leave your web browser. To do an automatic install, log in to your WordPress admin panel, navigate to the Plugins menu and click Add New.
In the search field type “WP Restaurant Listings” and click Search Plugins. Once you’ve found the plugin you can view details about it such as the point release, rating and description. Most importantly of course, you can install it by clicking Install Now.
The manual installation method involves downloading the plugin and uploading it to your web server via your favorite FTP application.
- Download the plugin file to your computer and unzip it
- Using an FTP program, or your hosting control panel, upload the unzipped plugin folder to your WordPress installation’s
- Activate the plugin from the Plugins menu within the WordPress admin.
- Create a page called “restaurants” and inside place the
[restaurants]shortcode. This will list your jobs.
- Create a page called “submit restaurant” and inside place the
[submit_restaurant_form]shortcode if you want front-end submissions.
- Create a page called “restaurant dashboard” and inside place the
[restaurants_dashboard]shortcode for logged in users to manage their listings.
Note when using shortcodes, if the content looks blown up/spaced out/poorly styled, edit your page and above the visual editor click on the ‘text’ tab. Then remove any ‘pre’ or ‘code’ tags wrapping your shortcode.
Created by: kishore Sahoo
Modified on: Sat, 30 Sep, 2017 at 12:21 PM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.